Both of my kids birthdays are in July which I have grown to love. We can have lots of fun partys, play out side if we want. There are a few draw backs. They both fall by holidays so friends are sometimes out of town or Katlyn wants to invite someone from her class but I don't know the parents or how to find them. Each year in school they do half birthays so that even the kids with summer birthdays can have a special day at school for their birthday. Katlyns teacher this year let them pick the day they want to celebrate. My sweet daughter decided that she wanted her half birthday to be on my birthday the 24th of March! She cracks me up, I love that she loves me and thinks that I am cool but I swear she would have us dressing the same everyday if she could. Of course I let her do her half birthday on the 24th so on my birthday I drove down and got her the coolest balloons and a little treat box, picked up air heads for everyone in her class and headed to the school. The office lady was a little bit of a grump when I walked in with the balloons and said I couldn't leave them with Katlyn(party pooper!) I got to Katlyns class and she was so excited. By the way all the kids thought the balloons were awesome!!! I took pictures and Katlyn handed out her class treats and then we got to sing happy birthday to Katlyn and me! I told the class little things about Katlyn growing up. It was a great day! After school one of her friends came over and Katlyn was going threw her treat box and her friend said "Katlyn you have the nicest mom ever, no really she is really really nice!" That made my day!
By the way Katlyn requested that we both wear out popular shirts we got in Wicked. See she loves me!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment