CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

My first 10K

At the beginning of summer we made the goal to run the 10K on September 1st. We practised all summer. I am so glad I did it. We woke up that morning to some really bad weather but it cleared up a little before the race and only sprinkled on us while we ran. My friend Joel was a little nervous she thought she would get hit by lightning! I told her to ask the ambulance to follow her is she was that worried about it. I completed it in an hour and seven minutes which I think was pretty good. Maybe next year I will try to go faster.



I ran the race with Jamie,Joel and Candie. It makes it much easier to run when you have someone to talk to and keep you going! I am so glad I have such great friends!
Katlyn was so excited to see her mommy run and wanted a picture. When I left that morning she said I want to go with you cuz I will miss you soo much! I would love to someday run a little race with her but she would probably leave me in the dust!