CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

The worst day of my life

I Know that when you have kids you are going to have things happen, good and bad! This is my first really bad with Logan and it broke my heart. As you all know my kids are my world! I would do anything for them and to protect them.
I took Katie to school on Wednesday and then went to teach exercise at the church. The class went great and then as we were cleaning up one of the big tables fell over on Logans left foot! Everything but Logan was a blur!! I dropped everything and when running (a few words might have slipped out on my way) I grabbed Logan and realized that when the table fell he pulled his foot out he was wearing his crocks and with pulling his foot out he pulled off his entire toe nail! (ouch) I went running to the bathroom not knowing what to do other then clean it. Luckily I have some great friends that followed right behind me to help! (thank you guys) I held it together pretty good trying to help Logan calm down until I got into the car and called his doctor, they told me to bring him in and I fell apart! My poor friend Joel was standing there when it happened. I had to take Logan to the doctors and so Joel got Katie from the bus. I don't know what I would do with out her help.
I got Logan to the doctors and by then he was fine other then the owe toe once in a while but I was still a mess! I called Ross to tell him what happened and I must have sounded really bad because he left work and was home before Katie could even play at Joels house.
The doctor looked at Logan and asked where the toenail was! Who would have thought to bring the toenail. A finger yes but a toenail! I told him I had a pretty good idea where it was! So apparently when you get a toenail ripped of like that take the toenail! He said that they always sow it back in so that the skin doesn't grow shut and keep the new toenail from growing in!
So not only did I have a little boy who has just lost his toenail but now I have to hold him down while the doctor numbs his toe and sows a prosthetic toenail in! Thats right our doctor made logan a fake toenail! It is silver!!!
They numbed his toe and when they were done he picked up his foot to see if it was still there isn't that sad. They had to glue this silver toenail in and then stitch it on the sides! Ross should have been the one there with Logan I was a mess!
He has recovered really well and loves to tell everyone what happened to his toe!

I had to show everyone his silver toe! I knew he would be the first one to get stitches!
We had to go get sponge bob bandages so that he would let us change the bandages! He still hates getting them changed.


Daddy is his best buddie since he wasn't the one holding him down. I don't blame the little guy it was horrible.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh Tiff- that's horrible! I'm so sorry! And after all the craziness that has been going on in your life! I hope he feels better!!!

Nikki Broadhead said...

That is so sad...I am so sorry! I am glad that he got the sponge bob bandaids!!!

T J V said...

ok, hearing the story on the phone was sad enough but seeing the silver toenail, ew!!! i am glad he is okay though, get that kid some steel toe boots!