I have loved watching Katlyn grow up this year! First grade has been amazing, we have been so busy and Katlyn has learned so much. I get to help in her class every Wednesday and she loves it. I am so glad she loves me coming right now because I know that will change. One of the perks of helping in there every week is that I get to learn alot about how she is doing and what she is doing. She is one chatty little girl and is moved to a new spot almost every time I come. Her teacher Mrs. Candland laughs about it and says that she is pretty good at it. She doesn't even know Katlyn is doing it until she looks over and sees her quietly chatting to who ever she is around. One day I came to help and her teacher tells me that she had written the cutest story in her journal about me. She wrote "my mom is like a dream only she is better because she is real!" I just about cried!
She is also reading really well. After Christmas break her school started a goal to each read 100 books before may! So we have done a ton of reading but wow it is awesome to listen to her read. She puts so much expression into it. She doesn't just read the words she has to figure out how it is supposed to be read. I can't wait to see what else this year brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
It is so fun to hear how you guys are doing. I'm not surprised to hear how smart Katlyn is. And Logan is right there too, just quieter about it. Summer and Logan were talking about them yesterday. They miss you guys! I'm glad you doing good! I can't believe school is almost over!
That is SO sweet what Katy wrote about you!!! What a little sweetheart. The kids had tons of fun together the other day, we need to get them together more often!
Post a Comment